- 1 blind-baked half-recipe Pie Dough crust
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- Heat 3 cups of the cream, chocolate chips, cornstarch, and ⅓ cup sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat to a simmer.
- Temper egg yolks with ½ cup of the heated cream mixture; then add yolks to cream mixture and cook, whisking, until mixture thickens.
- Strain filling into prebaked pie crust. Chill.
- Whip remaining cream with remaining sugar to stiff peaks; spoon onto the chilled pie filling.