Thekua or Khajur as it is known in mithla is one of the traditional sweet items in our homes. Be Teej or Jitiya this is a mandatory item cooked at home. While there are many variations of this is found in homes, like crispy, soft, big, small etc. But the cooking method is more or less same wherever we go. Mithila is known for sweet items and maithils are sweet lovers so the first dish on this site is sweet item.
- Maida 500gms.
- Suji 500gms.
- Sugar 500gms.
- Milk 250gms.
- Ghee 100gms.
- Chuhara 50gms.
- Elaichi powder 20gms.
- Dry coconut 50gms.
- Raisins (kismis) 50gms.
- Saunf 20gms.
- Ghee for deep frying 500gms
- Cut all the dry fruits into very small pieces.
- Mix all the items including milk and ghee in a bowl and spray water in small Amount. Mixture should be a little hard. (mixture should not stick to your hands.)
- Make pieces off the size off cookies with your hand.
- Put a pan on the gas stove. Put ghee in it. Let it be heated for some time.
- Deep fry the cookies until they turn brownish in color.
- Take out the cookies from the pan. Now your snack is ready.
It can be preserved for More than fifteen days if you keep it in an airtight container.