- 150 gms green beans (French beans/ phalli)
- 2 medium potatoes- peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 Tamato chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsb Mustard seeds
- curry leave - few
- Remove tips and tails of green beans and string them if there is a need. Chop them in 1/2- 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seed and curry leave. When they change color, add hing.
- Add beans and potatoes, tomato and fry till they are cooked. Add salt and all the spices except amchoor and garam masala. Mix well. If you cook this subzi on a low heat, you don’t need to add any water. Cover with the lid.
- Stir occasionally and cook till potatoes are tender. You can cook a little further if you want a well roasted sabji. Turn off heat and add amchoor and garam masala. Mix well. Serve hot aloo beans ki sabzi with hot Roti, naan and rice...........