- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 red onion cubed
- 2 jalapenos, diced (if you want less heat sub another red pepper)
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- can black beans, rinsed
- handful chopped cilantro
- squeeze lime
- shredded cheddar
- Whole Wheat Tortillas or Wraps (burrito size - I used Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortillas)
- nonstick olive oil spray
- In a bowl, toss veggies in olive oil and season with spices. Place in large baking dish and roast in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, tossing around halfway in between.
- Let cool. Add to a bowl of rinsed black beans. Add cilantro and squirt of lime juice. Combine gently. At this point, mixture can be stored for later use.
- Warm wraps in microwave according to directions on package.
- Add two heaping tablespoons of vegetable and bean mixture to center of wrap. Top with shredded cheese. Fold over, fold in sides and continue to roll. Place on baking dish, seam side down and spray with nonstick spray or olive oil spray.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Baking this way will make tortilla wrap crisp.
- For a softer burrito, spray burrito with nonstick spray, then wrap in aluminum foil and bake for same amount of time.
Tip: Premake your burritos and wrap in aluminum foil. Keep in refrigerator for 3-4 days for a quick lunch or dinner!