Total Time: Prep Time: Cooking Time:
- Chana dal (Gram Dal) - 1 Cup
- Onion - 2 large (Chopped)
- Tomatoes - 2 large (Chopped)
- Green chilies - 2 tsp
- Grated Ginger - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 small tsp
- Termeric powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leave
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds - 1 small tsp
- Clean dal and wash chana dal 2 time with water and keep it in a bowl. Soak for 30 mins.Drain water from the bowl.
- Now heat oil in a pressure cooker.Add cumin, grated ginger and green chillies. stir it for 15-20 second.
- Then add onion and tomatoes cook on medium flame for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, Red chili powder, Coriader powder and salt to taste fry it on medium flame.cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chana dal and mix it. On a high flame, Pressure cook the dal for 4-5 whistle, till the dal is softened and well cooked.
- Garnish with the coriander leave. Serve with rice and roties.